Tuesday, May 3, 2011

GLOOM

In keeping with my "I wish I was a Vampire" look from winter all black was the way to go today.

Shirt from a local clothing exchange//Jeans by Guess thrifted from New-to-You.



Heels thrifted from Re-Use.

LOVE the lace detail.












Maybe its the constant stream of Bauhaus and The Black Angels coming from my computer, or the recent talk of starting a witch's coven with my best girlfriends (it would work out much better than it did for Nacy Downs, I promise), or the fact that its been raining for 2 weeks straight here in Athens, but I can't seem to get out of my gloomy, doomy, winter funk.
Bela Lugosi
Nancy Downs
Even dying my hair from black to silver blond, the fast approaching arrivals of Nelsonville Music Festival/Bonnaroo, and all the awesome local shows laced with copious amounts of dancing, friends, uppers, weed, and alcohol that have been happening this month (checkout  SpooktoberMr. Leg, to name a few) can't get me excited for summer.
Despite the beautiful summer issues of Pop, i-D, and Nylon that are screaming "bright! neon! sunshine!" up at me from my desk I'm not convinced that this rainy, don't-get-too-excited-its-still-not-warm-enough-to-forget-your-jacket type weather will ever go away.

Oh well though, I'll just continue to lay around and mope. Being gloomy is so much easier than being cheerful anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment