In the meantime lets focus on this rad bitch.
Yo-Landi Vi$$er of Die Antwoord. An amazing and unique hip-hop group that doesn't give a fuck. When I first read about them on Pitchfork about a year ago I wasn't a believer. I couldn't tell if their "yea we're ghetto and crunk and hott" vibe was all a fame seeking act or the real thing. I have since been proven wrong (obviously). Which is why I was so pumped to see their article in I-D and inspired to blog away about them.
Even though I love their music (their original version of $o$ keeps me uber-motivated even at my soul-sucking corporate Chipotle job) its the attitude that really sells me. Especiallu Yo-Landi's. As I said before, she's so rad. Seriously. I don't really know what the social mental on female performers in South Africa is but as far as America goes we all know the story on the female perspective and expectations. Too bad Yo-Landi doesn't give a fuck, right?? Theres no falling and sub-coming to the styling wishes of your record label, no concern about a clean public image,
Her style is her own and I love it. I've never seen anyone pull of the ghetto fab look quite like her.
Is she usually wearing half a baggy shirt? Yes. Are her pants always tight and shiney? Yes. Does she have a partially shaved head? Does she look hot? Always.
Do your self a favor and check out all the videos you can of them and take a few life and fashion notes from Die Antwoord. Also you must watch their short film, umshini-wam. Its so weird and surreal and lovely. I would expect nothing less from the Harmony Korine Die Antwoord combo.
(she even looks hot on the toilet!)
And to wrap it up lets take some time to compare cat suits.
![]() |
| tacky. |
![]() |
| rad. |
I believe we have an obvious winner.



No comments:
Post a Comment